Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

my husband turns 65 in October 2014 can I ask SS questions

my husband turns 65 in October 2014 can I ask SS questions on his behalf as we research what he should do? He works fulltime and will continue to do so which makes it difficult to get him into the local office.

Megan C :

I realize you have a question about social security. My goal is to provide you with excellent service, and help you better understand your options.

Megan C :

How are you today?

Megan C :

Unfortunately, you cannot ask questions on your husband's behalf unless social security has either heard from him that they can talk to you or they have a legal power of attorney on file.

Megan C :

You can ask general questions of social security, but you can't find anything out about his account.

Megan C :

You can call the 1-800 number, which is open until 7 pm local time. I know it's not exactly what you want to do after a day of work...

Customer:

Ok that is what I needed to know and thought would be the answer. Thank you so much..

Megan C :

You're welcome

Megan C :

If you would, please take a moment to rate my response as "excellent" so that I may receive credit for assisting you today

Thanks, Donna for your positive rating. Please come back and see me any time you have a question that needs answered. It was a pleasure working with you today.

In the future you will receive a short survey. Your positive feedback on that survey would be greatly appreciated as it will assist me with rankings on the site. Thanks again for being a valued JustAnswer.com customer.