Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

My wife turns sixty-two this December (Im sixty-three). Can…

My wife turns sixty-two this...
My wife turns sixty-two this December (I'm sixty-three). Can she start drawing from my SS in January?
9/11/2013
Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
I realize you have a question about social security. My goal is to provide you with excellent service, and help you better understand your options.

Thank you for your question and thanks for using JustAnswer.com. Your wife cannot draw a benefit off your account until you start your own benefit. There is the ability to file and suspend but you can't do that until you are 66. So, if you haven't started your own benefit then your wife won't be able to get a benefit

Is there anything else that I can assist you with? If not please rate as excellent so that I can receive credit for assisting you today.