How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Megan C Your Own Question
Megan C
Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 16576
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Megan C is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife turns sixty-two this December (Im sixty-three). Can

This answer was rated:

My wife turns sixty-two this December (I'm sixty-three). Can she start drawing from my SS in January?
I realize you have a question about social security. My goal is to provide you with excellent service, and help you better understand your options.

Thank you for your question and thanks for using Your wife cannot draw a benefit off your account until you start your own benefit. There is the ability to file and suspend but you can't do that until you are 66. So, if you haven't started your own benefit then your wife won't be able to get a benefit

Is there anything else that I can assist you with? If not please rate as excellent so that I can receive credit for assisting you today.
Megan C and other Social Security Specialists are ready to help you