How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask retirementlawyer Your Own Question
retirementlawyer, Tax Attorney
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 17248
Experience:  13 years experience in social security
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
retirementlawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 76 getting ss since 62 ,only getting 740 mo, can i get

This answer was rated:

I am 76 getting ss since 62 ,only getting 740 mo, can i get my ss increased

retirementlawyer :

Hello and welcome. My name isXXXXX am a Licensed practicing attorney and my goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

retirementlawyer :

This is a common issue,

retirementlawyer :

once you took social security at age 62, you faced a permanent reduction in your benefits,

retirementlawyer :

the only way you can increase your benefits at this late stage, is to apply for spousal benefits based on a current spouse or deceased spouse,

retirementlawyer :

Or begin to work again, as you will have no earnings penalty.


Thanks anyway...donot continue to charge me after this answer..Myron Staab

retirementlawyer and other Social Security Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

nothing more

good luck. and thank you