Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

If I started getting SSD from March 2010 to present and was

If I started getting SSD from March 2010 to present and was born in 1951 which gave me age 66 to retire with SS payments will I qualify for this?

MyVirtualCPA :

I realize you have a question about social security. My goal is to provide you with excellent service, and help you better understand your options.

MyVirtualCPA :

How are you today?

MyVirtualCPA :

When you turn 66, your benefits will change from disability to regular retirement.

MyVirtualCPA :

Your payment will not decrease. If anything, it will go up - albeit slightly

MyVirtualCPA :

So your answer is yes - you do qualify for retirement, and your benefits will start automatically. Once you reach that point, you can work an unlimited amount

MyVirtualCPA :

Is there anything else I can assist you with today?

MyVirtualCPA :

If not, please rate my response as "excellent" so that I may receive credit for assisting you today

Thanks, Julie for your positive rating. Please come back and visit MyVirtualCPA for any of your tax, finance, or social security needs. It was a pleasure working with you today.

In the future you may receive a short survey. It would be most appreciated if you would fill the survey out favorably, as it assists me with my rankings on the site. Thanks again!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I was hesitant to go thru this online service because I pinch every penny to make ends meet but you gave me the answer I was looking for. Thanks!