How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 5156
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband and I own our own business. We have always filed

This answer was rated:

My husband and I own our own business. We have always filed jointly, under my husband's social security number. My question is, since I am 4 years older than my husband should be filing under my social security number, so we could get the maximum 4 years earlier?


Hello and and thank you for your question. For over 35 years, I have answered questions just like yours. And I look forward to assisting you.


thanks for your question. If you look at your returns, both social security numbers are listed. Likewise, as a married couple filing jointly, you are both paying into SS on an equal basis. So you are doing everything right. I wish you both well.

dylatess and other Social Security Specialists are ready to help you