dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

I started recieving my SSI payments in March. I am suppossed

I started recieving my SSI payments in March. I am suppossed to get payment on the 3rd Wed of the month. I didn't recieve them today, so checked my online SSI acct. which said payment would be Aug. 28, wich is the 4th. Wed. Why? I'm broke and this is going to be a big problem for me. Can you help? Thank you so much...

Hello and and thank you for your question. For over 34 years, I have answered questions just like yours. And I look forward to assisting you.

When you first start receiving SSI, the payment center sets up payments based on when your claim was processed. And in your case, it was the third Wednesday. But after a few months, your case is reviewed and formally placed in the system. Likewise, the date you get payments is based on your birthday. As a result, your payment was readjusted to the 4th Wednesday. Sorry. I know this is confusing and unfair. But the SSA makes the rules, even if they are dumb! Thanks for understanding.