How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Megan C Your Own Question
Megan C
Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 16576
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Megan C is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 65, not working. Husband 66, working. Considering filing

This answer was rated:

I am 65, not working. Husband 66, working. Considering filing now for benefits myself, and spouse also then filing for FAASF now, allowing his benefits to grow til 70. Want to be sure he can continue to work another 1.5 yrs without losing credits toward his future retirement at 70 and that he can collect FAASF at the same time. He is full retirement age.

MyVirtualCPA :

I realize you have a question about social security. My goal is to help you better understand your options.

MyVirtualCPA :

Thank you for your question, and thanks for using

MyVirtualCPA :

Yes, your husband can continue to work and follow FAASF

MyVirtualCPA :

He can work without losing credit towards his retirement

MyVirtualCPA :

He can work and draw spousal benefits at the same time


Thank you.

Megan C and other Social Security Specialists are ready to help you
Thanks, Janet for your postiive rating. Please come back and visit MyVirtualCPA for any of your tax, finance, and social security needs.

In a couple of days you will recieve a short survey. Your positive feedback on this survey will assist with my rankings on the site. I thank you in advance for your understanding