Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

Im disabled on ssa Im 61. I receive my check on the 3rd each

I'm disabled on ssa I'm 61. I receive my check on the 3rd each month. My wife will be 65 on Dec. 1st 2013. Can she get spousal benefit on my ssa record?

Customer:

I realize you have a question about social security. My goal is to help you better understand your options.

Customer:

How are you today?

Customer:

As you are currently drawing a social security benefit, your wife can draw a spousal benefit off your record any time after she reaches the age of 62

Customer:

She can draw at age 65, although her benefit will be more like 45% of your benefit, not the full 50%

Customer:

She gets the full 50% if she waits until full retirement age to begin her benefit

JACUSTOMER-zjsdz0vn- :

Fine,That answers my question and gives ,e peace of mind

Customer:

That's great please take a moment to rate my response as "excellent" so that I may receive credit for assisting you today

JACUSTOMER-zjsdz0vn- :

You don't answer any questions regarding medicare do you?

Customer:

I can try...I'm not as good with Medicare as I am social security but if I can help you I would be willing to help

JACUSTOMER-zjsdz0vn- :

ok thats

Michael,

Thank you for your positive rating and generous bonus. Please come back and visitCustomerfor any of your tax, finance, or social security needs. It was a pleasure working with you today.

In a couple of days, you may receive a short survey. I would appreciate it if you would fill this form out favorably, as it will assist me with my rankings on the site. Thanks again for using JustAnswer.com