Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

What does it mean when social security ask to talk to you about

What does it mean when social security ask to talk to you about approval for ssi, And ask for income info and 4o1k

MyVirtualCPA :

I realize you have a question about social security. My goal is to help you better understand your options.

MyVirtualCPA :

Could you please give me more detail about your situation?

MyVirtualCPA :

When you apply for disability or retirement, you are automatically evaluated for SSI which is a supplemental benefit for low income individuals.

MyVirtualCPA :

Social Security needs to review your income and assets, which is why they ask for those things. They are seeing if you qualify for more money.

Customer:

I received this letter after my ajl hearing which was june 27

MyVirtualCPA :

That's okay - they just want to see if you qualify for more benefits.

MyVirtualCPA :

If you have more than 2,000 in assets you will not qualify

MyVirtualCPA :

Do you have any further questions about this topic?

MyVirtualCPA :

If so, please respond below. Otherwise, please reply and let me know if I have provided you with excellent service

Thanks for allowing me the opportunity to help you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you in this matter. I really enjoyed working with you – please feel free to request me again when you come back to ask another question. Simply enter "MyVirtualCPA" in the subject of your question Thanks again for being a JustAnswer customer