Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

My husband is 62 years old. Where he works is closing its doors

My husband is 62 years old. Where he works is closing its doors at the end of Sept.
What we are wondering is if he can draw his SS benefits and unemployment benefits at the same time? If so will he loose a portion of his SS retirement benefit? Thank you

MyVirtualCPA :

I realize you have a question about social security. My goal is to help you better understand your options.

MyVirtualCPA :

You can draw social security and unemployment at the same time...there is no problem with this

MyVirtualCPA :

You can CLICK HERE to confirm

MyVirtualCPA :

I'm sorry to hear of your situation, by the way. But, it is acceptable to collect both social security and unemployment at the same time

MyVirtualCPA :

Is there anything else I can assist you with today

MyVirtualCPA :

If not, please rate my response as "excellent" so that I may receive credit for assisting you today