LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

I am trying for a home eqity loan for my house. The bank wants

Customer Question

I am trying for a home eqity loan for my house. The bank wants an Award letter from SS for this year, for me. I called mediare for advise, they said forget it! The bank has gotten this many times before

Gerhard Freyer #128289514
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 years ago.

Good afternoon Gerhard,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

If you have misplaced your Award letter---also known as a proof of income letter, you may get one by going to your local Social Security office and they will get it for you, or you may call social security at 1-800-772-1213 and they can mail you one if you can wait about 10 days.

Finally, you may order one on line at this Social Security site. Click the link at the bottom right of this page which reads START, and follow the instructions.:

https://secure.ssa.gov/apps6z/BEVE/main.html

You may reply back to me using the Continue the Conversation or Reply to Expert link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please remember to rate my service to you when our communication is completed.

I wish you the best in 2013,

Doug