Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

I can make up to about 1,200 per month and still get my full

Customer Question

I can make up to about 1,200 per month and still get my full SS benefit. If I pull money out of my retirement account, is that subtracted from the 1,200
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Megan C replied 4 years ago.

Customer:

I realize you have a question about social security. My goal is to help you better understand your options.

Customer:

Your retirement account funds do not count towards your earnings limit

Customer:

So, you can draw an unlimited amount from your retirement account and still get your full retirement benefits

Customer:

The only earnings that are counted, are earnings from work such as self employment or a job

Customer:

Investments and retirement account do not count towards that limit

Customer:

Is there anything else that I can assist you with today?

Customer:

If not, please rate my response as "excellent" so that I may receive credit for assisting you today

Expert:  Megan C replied 4 years ago.
I see we were having trouble in chat. Please take a moment to rate my response excellent so that I may receive credit for assisting you today.

Please let me know if you have further questions
Expert:  Megan C replied 4 years ago.

Jack,

I see you rated our service as 'bad', and I also realize we were having difficulty in chat - was there anything in my answer that you felt was lacking? I am personally penalized for bad ratings. I gave you good news, yet I received a bad rating - which confuses me. If you expected more detail, let me know what further information you need and I will do my best to provide it.

If you have further questions, please ask them here. Let me know how I can earn your excellent service rating.

Thanks!

Megan

Expert:  Megan C replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for allowing me the opportunity to help you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you in this matter. I really enjoyed working with you – please feel free to request me again when you come back to ask another question. Simply enter "MyVirtualCPA" in the subject of your question Thanks again for being a JustAnswer customer