How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Megan C Your Own Question
Megan C
Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 16576
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Megan C is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was married to my deceased ex spouse for 30 yrs, I remarried

Customer Question

I was married to my deceased ex spouse for 30 yrs, I remarried but divorced after 2 yrs, Will I be able to collect on my deceased ex spouses social security? I will be sixty next month and have a full time job.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Megan C replied 4 years ago.
I realize you have a question about social security. My goal is to help you better understand your options.

Since your second marriage ended, you will be eligible for benefits as early as age 60. Keep in mind your be benefit will be reduced 32% for drawing before age 66 and also your benefit will be further reduced $1 for every $2 you earn above $15,120.

Please let me know if you need anything else. There are no reductions in benefits if you wait to age 66 to start drawing.

Thanks again for using JustAnswer and please rate my response excellent so that I may receive credit for assisting you today.
Expert:  Megan C replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for allowing me the opportunity to help you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you in this matter. I really enjoyed working with you – please feel free to request me again when you come back to ask another question. Simply enter "MyVirtualCPA" in the subject of your question Thanks again for being a JustAnswer customer
Expert:  Megan C replied 4 years ago.