Social Security

Ask Social Security Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Social Security

I am not even sure I am in the right category to begin with

Customer Question
I am not even sure...

I am not even sure I am in the right category to begin with but my daughter n law needs help and I have been on the phone and WEBSITE FOR OVER 2 MONTHS--PUT INTO AN ABYSS! Now I am relaying on my site "since my subscription is paid every month--and I use you regularly"- now I need some help "outside my expertise"! 1. PROBLEM: STARTING OFF WITH MEDICAID/SOCIAL SECURITY DISABILITY! 2. I KNOW WHAT WHAT TO DO WITH FILING FOR SOCIAL SECURITY DISABILITY FOR MY DAUGHTER IN LAW. IN A NUTSHELL--SHE IS 38 YEARS OLD-HASN'T BEEN ABLE TO WORK FOR THE LAST TWO YEARS BECAUSE SHE HAS BEEN DIAGNOZIED WITH FIBROMILIGA! SHE IS CONSTANT PAIN--AND HAS NO INSURANCE! SHE NEEDS ADDITIONAL TESTS TO SUBMIT TO SOCIAL SECURITY TO GET HER QUALIFIED FOR HER DISABILITY! THE LAST THREE DOCTORS SAID SHE QUALIFIED BUT THE ADDITIONAL TEST BUT HAS TO COME OUT OF POCKET--OR SHE HAS TO QUALIFY FOR MEDICAID. SHE WAS A WAITRESS! 3. MY SON IS SELF EMPLOYED--AND LAST THREE YEARS INCOME IN STATE OF FLORIDA (PER 1040'S) IS BETWEEN 20,000 TO 30,000 PER YEAR WITH NO INSURANCE. THEY HAVE 1 SON WHO IS ON MEDICAID NOW--NOT THEM! 4. MEDICAID SAYS SHE NEEDS A CATSCAN! SS SAYS WITH THAT SHE WILL QUALIFY FOR SS DISABILITY! MEDICAID IS RUNNING HER AROUND FROM ONE AGENCY TO ANOTHER AND SHE CANT GET A STRAIGHT ANSWER FROM ANYONE! AT ONE TIME THEY SAY SHE QUALIFIES AND THE NEXT TIME WHEN SHE TRIES TO SCHEDULE THE FINAL EXAM--THEY PUT HER INTO ANOTHER LOOP! 5. BOTXXXXX XXXXXNE: WHAT CAN I DO OR WHAT PAPERWORK/REGULATIONS DO I NEED TO FIGHT/FILE TO GET HER ONTO MEDICAID OR GET HER INTO A SS DISABILITY SYSTEM! 6. WE HAVE A SS DISABILITY LAWYER ALREADY THAT IS READY TO TAKE THE TEST--BUT WE NEED HER ON MEDICAID SO SHE CAN GET THOSE LAST TESTS! 7. PLEASE DON'T GIVE ME A GENERIC ANSWER! I CAN LOOK UP CODE LAW AND INQUIRE INTO THEIR BASIC STIPULATIONS! I HAVE ALREADY DONE THAT! MY DEGREE IS IN CRIMINAL JUSTICE/PSYCHOLOGY! THAT DOESN'T HELP ME WHEN DEALING WITH MEDICAID! 8. GOSH DARN--AFTER SERVING 25 YEARS DEALING WITH THE USAF--IN 2 WAR ZONES U WOULD THINK I WOULD BE SMARTER! DON'T KNOW IF IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE OUT THERE TO ANY OF YOU--BUT MY HUSBAND SERVED 33 YEARS FIGHTING IN 3 WAR ZONES! NOW WE HAVE TO FIGHT MEDICAID! GIVE ME A FRIGGIN BREAK! 9. SORRY-JUST FRUSTRATED WITH ALL THE RED TAPE!! IN BOTH OUR CAREERS--WE KNEW HOW TO DEAL WITH RED TAPE!!!! 10. CORDIALLY--DIANNE! AND NOW I WILL C WHO IS READY TO TAKE THIS ONE ON!

AND OBTW-I am willing to give a significant tip to help me out with this issue!! LET ME REEMPHASIZE-SIGNIFICANT TIP--TO HELP ME GET THROUGH THIS ABYSS OF HELL--PLUS THE ROTUNDA OF MEDICAID PAPERWORK!!

I AM LEAVING GA TO GO TO FLORIDA TO FIGHT THEIR SYSTEM!  I NEED INFO TO HELP ME TALK TO THE RIGHT PEOPLE WITH THE DATA TO BACK ME UP!!  PLEASE HELP!!!

SHE IS SUFFERING SO BADLY AND WE ARE IN OUR 60'S!  NOONE ELSE TO HELP!  THANK GOD--WE ARE IN GOOD HELP! 

Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Social Security
7/11/2013
Social Security Expert: Lindie-Moderator, Moderator replied 4 years ago
Lindie-Moderator
Lindie-Moderator, Moderator

I'm Lindie, and I’m a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,

Lindie

I Have not heard from anyone yet and do need some help. please continue to find someone to assist me! cordially- dianne!

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,

Lindie

Social Security Expert: ShawnA, SS Expert, CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS , Decades of experience helping clients.. replied 4 years ago
ShawnA
ShawnA, SS Expert, CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS , Decades of experience helping clients..

Hello. My specialty is focusing on YOUR Financial needs. Financial Planner/Business Owner for 20 years. CPA,PFS,QFP,GMMA.

As a CPA I have dealt with similar issues on behalf of my clients. While this answer may sound simple, the fact is that I am willing to BET you have not done this.

Contact your Congressman as well as both state senators and the head of SS . Explain what is going on and offer to hold a joint press conference.

In 7 of the 8 cases I have helped resolve this simple, BUT EXTREMELY EFFECTIVE solution has resolved issues in a matter of weeks.

I know this sounds like ...duh - I could have come up with that answer. However I am extremely doubtful that this has been attempted.

YOU HAVE TO BE REALLY PULLING MY CHAIN--OR COMPLETELY OUT OF YOUR MIND.

I HAD TO THINK BEFORE RESPONDING BACK TO YOU BECAUSE--I NEEDED TO KEEP MY RESPONSE CIVIL AND NOT USE WORDS THAT FIRST CAME TO MY MIND.

YOUR ANSWER CONCERNING OUR DILEMMA TO BE HANDLED IN A QUICKER AND EXPEDITIOUS MANNER WAS LUDICROUS-TO PUT IT NICELY.

YOU ARE OUT OF YOUR MIND IF YOU THINK CALLING CONGRESSMAN AND SENATORS AND PRESS CONFERENCES WITH NO MONEY AND NO DIRE EXTREME MEDICAL SITUATION IS GOING TO HELP US DEAL WITH THE RED TAPE OF MEDICAID AND SOCIAL SECURITY--YOU ARE NOT LIVING ON PLANET EARTH!

WE DON'T NEED A CPA TO HELP DEAL WITH "FINANCIAL PLANNING"--WHEN THERE IS NO MONEY--THERE IS NO MONEY TO FINANCIALLY PLAN ANYTHING BUT FOOD ON THE TABLE AND A ROOF OVER YOUR HEAD-HOPING YOU WON'T GET EVICTED.

WE NEED A SOCIAL SECURITY LAWYER WHO HAS DEALT WITH FILING DISABILITY CLAIMS AND WORKING THE SYSTEM WITH DOCTORS/LAWYERS/AND OTHER AGENCIES WHO NEEDS TO BE FORCED TO COOPERATE!!

IF I FOLLOWED YOUR ADVICE--I'D BE DEAD FIRST AND MY DAUGHTER-IN-LAW/FAMILY STILL WOULD BE IN DIRE NEED AND PROBABLY SLEEPING ON THE STREET!

YOU CAN TAKE YOUR "FINANCIAL ADVICE" AND "PRESS CONFERENCE SUGGESTION" AND SHOVE IT!

NOT IN ALL MY TIME WHEN DEALING WITH JUST ANSWER-HAVE I EVER/NEVER BEEN SOOOOO DISAPPOINTED AND THOROUGHLY DISGUSTED WITH A "SO CALLED EXPERT"!

NON-CORDIALLY--DIANNE!!

Again, these actions I suggested have worked in almost 100% of the cases. Please however feel free to ignore my advice.

In the event that you can't find an alternative I suggest TRYING A PROVEN method rather than ignoring it and laughing at it.

The reason the suggestion is SO helpful is that most people don't try this and as a result the very few who do get the attention of the elected officials and get results they never expected.

But then again...if you have a better solution by all means please use it. I was under the impression you were facing a tough situation and were looking for real world solutions.

DO NOT IN ANY WAY BE CONDESCENDING TO ME OR TREAT ME AS AN IDIOT! WE R UNDER A TOUGH SITUATION AND DONT EVEN BE DISRESPECTFUL TO ME OR MY FAMILY! THERE IS NO HUMOR IN OUR SITUATION AND ESPECIALLY -N

ESPCIALLY YOUR LAST RESPONSE TO ME! I DONT TAKE ADVICE FROM PEOPLE WHO ARE UTTERLY DISRESPECTFUL + RSPECIALLY TO ME! GO SEE YOUR OWN CONGRESSMAN/ HAVE DINNER AND THEN ----! DISTESPECTFUULY - DIANNE!

I will ask that this case be closed and your money refunded.

I am sorry that you found the recommendation that has proven results to be offensive.

I misunderstood your need. I thought you wanted a reL world solution.

I DO DEAL IN THE "REAL WORLD" AND CAN ADAPT TO "A VARIETY OF REAL WORLD EXPECTATIONS"!

JUST NOT YOUR REAL WORLD!

AND BTW-BECAUSE I KNOW YOU DON'T CARE ONE BIT--"MY SISTER HAD AN INOPERABLE BRAIN TURMOR AT 40+ AND NEEDED HER ONLY SON HOME TO HELP HER SURVIVE THE LAST FEW MONTHS OF HER LIFE"! WE DID CONTACT CONGRESSMAN/SENATORS/GOVERNORS-ETC.ETC.ETC. TO GET HIM RELEASED FROM THE MILITARY--AND IN THE "REAL WORLD" NOTHING HELPED CLEAR THE RED TAPE--UNTIL THE LOCAL COMMUNITY/CHURCHES KICKED IN! SHE LASTED ONLY A FEW WEEKS PAST HIS RETURN HOME!

I NOW HAVE A LAWYER-SS-WHO IS HELPING--AND IS COMPASSIONATE ABOUT OUR SCENARIO!

THANK GOD FOR HIM!

AND OBTW--YOU STILL GOT PAID FOR YOUR CRAPPY ANSWERS!

TAKE MY MONEY --AND GO HAVE A "MEAL" ON ME!!!

ShawnA
ShawnA