How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 5155
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I know that social security retirement credits stop accruing

Customer Question

I know that social security retirement credits stop accruing when a person reaches the age of 70. My question is what about someone who owes back social security tax for employment performed prior to his/her 70th birthday? Once the back tax is paid, will the person then ben given the additional credits through age 70?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  dylatess replied 3 years ago.

Hello and and thank you for your question. For over 34 years, I have answered questions just like yours. And I look forward to assisting you.

YES, if you owe back SS taxes, once those taxes are paid, your SS account will be credited thorugh age 70. Very good question.

Expert:  dylatess replied 3 years ago.
As you have now reviewed my answer, please be so kind as to rate my reply ok or better so that I can be compensated for assisting you, Thanksl