How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 37855
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My mother pass away,do I get the $255.00 for burial from S

Customer Question

My mother pass away,do I get the $255.00 for burial from SS.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 5 years ago.
Good afternoon,

I'm sorry for your loss.

If your mother was not married at the time, or if divorced, the ex may apply for the benefit if they were married a long time.

Otherwise a child of the deceased may apply for the benefit.

Here is an article directing you in the process to make your claim:

I wish you the best in 2012.

Because I help people here, like you, for a living---this is not a hobby for me, and I sincerely appreciate your abiding by the honor system as regards Accepting answers. I wish you and your family the best in your respective futures.

Would you be so kind as to Accept my Answer so that I may be compensated for assisting you? Bonuses for greatly informative and helpful answers are very much appreciated. Thanks Again,