Social Security

Ask Social Security Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Social Security

How do I replace a lost Form SSA-1099?

How do I replace a lost Form SSA-1099?
3/17/2012
CGCPA
CGCPA, CPA

A replacement SSA-1099 can be obtained from the Social Security Administration per the instructions they provide:

Social Security logo

Request an SSA-1099/1042S for Tax Information

You can request a copy of your most recent SSA-1099 or SSA-1042S using the buttons at the bottom of this page.

What is an SSA-1099/1042S Social Security Benefit Statement?

• An SSA-1099 is mailed to you in January showing the total amount of benefits you received in the previous year. If you are a nonresident alien who received or repaid Social Security benefits last year, you will receive an SSA-1042S instead.

What You Should Know

• If you need a replacement SSA-1099 or SSA-1042S for an earlier tax year, contact us.
  • You can request an SSA-1099/1042S for yourself or on behalf of a deceased beneficiary if you are receiving benefits on the same record as the deceased.
  • For security reasons, there is a 30 minute time limit to complete each page. We will warn you when you run out of time. You can get more time to finish.

What to Expect

• A copy of your SSA-1099/1042S will arrive in the mail in about 10 days (30 days if you live outside the United States). If you need it sooner, contact your local Social Security Office.
  • The SSA-1099/1042S will be mailed to the address on file at Social Security.

If You Have Moved

• If you have moved, you mustreport your change of address to us before we can process your request.
  • If you recently reported a change of address to SSA, you need to contact us to make your request.

For More Information

For more information on taxation of Social Security Benefits, or to order the publication "Tax information for Older Americans" (Publication #554), call the IRS at(###) ###-####or visit the IRS Web site.

Special Instructions for People Who are Blind

Block Access to Your Personal Information

If you want to prevent online and automated telephone access to your personal information, you can block access to your personal information.

What Do You Want to Do?

The web page itself can be accessed at the following link. It has a button to order your replacement form:

https://secure.ssa.gov/apps6z/i1099/main.html

CGCPA
CGCPA, CPA
I don't see any buttons at the bottom of the page other than those asking me to assess the answer.

Click on the link to the page provided in my earlier reply. The buttons do not copy over. I provided the text so you would be familiar with the page. Here is the link again.

I already noted that I found the buttons on the page before I received your answer. I accepted the first reply at that point and agreed to pay. I don't want to pay an additional amount. Thanks forthe help.
It is not an issue with me. I just wanted to be sure you were able to access the information to remedy the concern. Please do not click accept again. Then you will not be charged again.
CGCPA
CGCPA
CGCPA, CPA