How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 5155
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was born in 1947. At what age can I retire, receive full

Resolved Question:

I was born in 1947. At what age can I retire, receive full benefits, work part-time (no cap on earnings) and have money coming in from another pension? Will the other pension affect my social security benefits that I earned?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  dylatess replied 5 years ago.
At age 66 you can collect what is known as your FRB, full retirement benefit. But there is an earnings cap of $14160 per year until you are age 67. So you can start at age 66 with the understanding that if you work, you have the earnings cap until you are 67. Regardless, the pension is not considered earned income like wages are. So regardless of whether you start collecting at 66 67, the pension has no impact.
Please be so kind as to click the GREEN accept button as I do not get paid unless you accept.
dylatess and other Social Security Specialists are ready to help you