Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

Frequently when I send a text message immediately after the…

Customer Question
Frequently when I send...

Frequently when I send a text message immediately after the screen goes to the feature in messaging that allows one to draw. I then find it very difficult to exit this feature. This happens even though I have not done anything to initiate the action.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

IPhone 6 and up to date with updates

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

It has been going on for about three or four months. What I do is nit "done" and when nothing happens I keep hitting it over and over again

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

That is my highest priority

Submitted: 10 days ago.Category: Smartphones
7/11/2018
Technician: Samuel White, Tech Expert replied 10 days ago
Samuel White
Samuel White, Tech Expert

Hello, I am Samuel and I will assist you.

The handwriting keyboard is enabled by default.move your phone in the landscape position to view it.

1. Launch the Messages app and open up any text thread or conversation.

2. Tilt your iPhone to the landscape position, revealing the handwriting keyboard.

3. See that little ‘keyboard’ button on the bottom right hand corner? Tap on it. You will now see the regular keyboard. Moving your phone between portrait and landscape modes will now show you the regular keyboard, just the way it should be.

OPTION #2

A third-party keyboard will get rid of the Handwriting feature once and for all.

Some of the better keyboards in the App Store include GBoard, SwiftKey, Fleksyand Swype.

With a keyboard app installed on your iOS device, open Settings > General > Keyboard > Keyboards > Add New Keyboard and select the name of the keyboard from the list.

PLEASE!!

Kindly rate my personal service to you at the top of your question page if my answer helped so I am credited for my time.

Otherwise please reply back if you need further assistance. Thank you, Samuel

Technician: Samuel White, Tech Expert replied 9 days ago

Please rate so I may close this request!

Technician: Samuel White, Tech Expert replied 6 days ago