Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I have an iPad with WI-FI and cellular. It would not connect…

Customer Question
I have an iPad...

I have an iPad with WI-FI and cellular. It would not connect to cellular data on LTE. At&T replaced the SIM card twice. It worked at the store but not at home. Apple did a total restore after backing everything to the iCloud. What can I do to get accessto cellular data?

Technician's Assistant: What version of iTunes are you using to sync your iPad?

I didn't know that iTunes did that. Icloud receives all backups and I synch from there, I thought.ITunes juts updated a day or so ago.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last reboot?

This morning. I'm on my laptop at the moment.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

When I could connect to data when I wanted to, I would get a pop up that I was out of data when I wasn't. It's an AT&T issue as the guy at the store found that it worked over there and the iPad was found to not be the problem.

Submitted: 22 days ago.Category: Smartphones
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/31/2018
Technician: Justin Johnson,
 replied 22 days ago
Justin Johnson

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question about iPad. I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

have you reached out to your carrier?

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
as I told the other guy already, I went to att and received a new sim pin but he couldn't get it to connect with data. Sent me to Apple who totally reset and restored my iPad. Still nothing. Went to a different att store where the sim pin was changed again and worked. Got it home same problem reoccured. Prior to this problem, I would get pop up messages that I was out of or not subscribed to a cellular data plan, which I have bee for years.
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
No calls, I need to see it in writing.
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Is there somewhere I can get help in person at att?
Technician: Justin Johnson,
 replied 22 days ago

Was the iPad purchased from AT&T?

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Where did you go?
Technician: Justin Johnson,
 replied 22 days ago

Was the iPad purchased from AT&T?

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
No. Apple
Technician: Justin Johnson,
 replied 22 days ago

Did you buy it as an unlocked iPad or one for a specific carrier?

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
No call I have to see it in writing