Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

My iPhone 6S has been disabled. I don't know. Less than an…

Customer Question
My iPhone 6S has...

My iPhone 6S has been disabled.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

I don't know.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

Less than an hour ago.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I just need to be able to open my iphone.

Submitted: 18 days ago.Category: Smartphones
5/31/2018
Technician: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 18 days ago
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! I will work to provide accurate advice. Give me a minute to read your submission.

If Secure Remote Assistance is offered, please ignore it.

The following procedure is a special device firmware update mode. It will erase your Apple device, remove the passcode, and then re-sync user data once it is done (provided you have a backup of some kind).

1) Make sure you have downloaded and installed the latest version of iTunes on your computer before attempting this:

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

(Mac users can run System Preferences > “App Store” ( or Software Update for older OS X releases) > "Check now" to get the latest version for their system in most cases.)

2) Open iTunes on your computer and connect the Apple device directly to it (using the charging cable that came with it from Apple)

3) Turn off the Apple device (press the sleep/wake button on the top until you see the red slider and slide the red slider across to the right OR until the device completely shuts off).

4) Hold down the sleep/wake button (on the top) AND the home button (on the front) for 10 seconds

5) Release the sleep/wake button but CONTINUE to hold the home button, until...

6) iTunes should alert you it’s detected a device in recovery mode, click OK and continue along for the restore.

Note: it will eventually ask whether you wish to restore a backup from iTunes or from iCloud or set it up as new. You should use which ever has the latest backup of your personal data.

If you still have concerns, don’t negatively rate my answer, just reply back and let me know. I'll be happy to advise you further. When finished, please give a positive rating so I can be credited for my assistance. You are judging my personal service only (not this website, the price, or your issue) and high ratings assure I remain in good standing.

Thanks and good luck,

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

I can not offer a live phone call currently but am happy to assist with any issues you have with the answer already given.

Technician: Richard, Smartphone Specialist replied 18 days ago
Richard, Smartphone Specialist

Hi there

Do you still need assistance with this?

Please let me know

Richard, Smartphone Specialist