Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I just got a new iphone, with a new number. my old number is…

Customer Question
I just got a...

I just got a new iphone, with a new number. my old number is ***** longer active and i dont have any other apple products. im trying to sign into my apple id and it keeps sending a verification code to my old number. How do i change my number on my account

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

Ios 11.4

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

Just bought the phone earlier this evening

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Smartphones
5/30/2018
Technician: ElectronicsPete, Engineer replied 2 months ago
ElectronicsPete
ElectronicsPete, Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

When did the old number become inactive?

Is it possible to reactivate the old number, or choose a different verification method from Apple? e.g. email verification.

No there isn’t. Old. I bet became inactive about a week ago

Ok, then you will need to use Apple Account Recovery to recover the account if the number is ***** accessible. To do this, see the following guide:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204921

--------------------

Thanks for the opportunity to assist you, your satisfaction is my priority. I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

--------------------