Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

My IPhone had 4 digits for the passcode until suddenly it is…

Customer Question
My IPhone had 4...

My IPhone had 4 digits for the passcode until suddenly it is asking for 6 digits. Apple emailed me that my Apple password ***** have been compromised so I have just changed that, but it does not help me get into my iPhone.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Within the lasts 15 minutes, but the iPhone was requiring 6 digit passcode since I tried to use it this morning.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Yes, but I could not find someplace that would show me how to reset the iPhone passcode.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Only what I have told you. My iPhone had a 4 digit passcode since it was purchased and I cannot understand the sudden change to 6 digits, which of course I do not know. I suppose the person who changed my info at Apple on May 26 (so Apple told me) must have something to do with it.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Smartphones
my iPhone is asking me to confirm that I just spent $5.00 for your experts. I cannot get into my iPhone to confirm so I suppose you cannot help me because my credit card company hasn't the confirmation that it is OK.
5/30/2018
Technician: Harry, IT replied 2 months ago
Harry, IT

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.