Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

Looking for help with my iphone 7...speaker is not working…

Customer Question
Looking for help with...

Looking for help with my iphone 7...speaker is not working for calls, but I can hear text tones and other tones.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

I just did an upgrade to the latest, one sec let me check

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

11.3.1 I think it happened after my phone updated. I have turned off and back on, did a hard reboot also

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Tried to hold the speaker for 20 secs to see if wire was loose I went down a list of top 10 and tried them all

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Smartphones
I believe this happened after a recent update. I have tried about 10 different fixes, nothing worked.
5/29/2018
Technician: Justin Johnson,
 replied 2 months ago
Justin Johnson

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question about iPhone. I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Do you have any bluetooth devices conected to your phone? have you tried removing them all?

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt.

Checked that already. I have blue tooth completely turned off at the moment. I can listen to music, text and other tones are working fine. When I call someone, or if they call me, the phone rings to connect the call but then it cuts off if it's an iphone and if it is a landline, the call is ongoing, but I cannot hear the person on the other end, nor can they hear me.
Technician: Justin Johnson,
 replied 2 months ago

I did not ask if you turned off bluetooth. I asked if you removed the devices from your phone. Did you do that?

I removed them. I have been on the phone with Apple support today for nearly 4 hours to no avail, so I will head to the Simply Mac store for diagnosis. Thanks for your assistance.
Technician: Justin Johnson,
 replied 2 months ago

Cheers!