Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I have no service. Iphone 6. IOS 11.3.1. Since yesterday, I…

Customer Question
I have no service ...

I have no service

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your phone?

Iphone 6

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

IOS 11.3.1

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

Since yesterday, I have tried to reset the carrier settings, taken out the sim card and put it back in, turn it on and off twice

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No thank you

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Smartphones
5/28/2018
Technician: Richard, Smartphone Specialist replied 2 months ago
Richard, Smartphone Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you please hold the home and power buttons on the phone until you see the apple logo then release

Let the phone restart and tell me how it now works please

ok i moment

thanks

now it reads searching
did you get my message that it is now reading searching?

yes, let it complete please

still searching .....

Go to settings, general, reset, reset network settings

once done, tell me if it then connects please

not connecting
still searching .....

How long have you had the issue for?

started yesterday

Did you contact your phone provider yet to see if there is an outage in your area?

I am on a chat with version right now. there is no outage

Do you have another phone there?

no

ok, there are only two causes left, faulty sim card or faulty phone.

We need to reset the phone, to do this please back up all your data first as this will remove it

Once backed up, go to settings, general, reset, erase all content and reset settings

Once done, setup the phone again and tell me how it functions please.

okay I am going to wait until we see what version says before I do that

ok, let me know the results please