Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

Nothing, my iPhone SE will not power up or take a charge.

Customer Question
Nothing, my iPhone SE...

Technician's Assistant: When did you last charge your iPhone?

This morning I attempted to

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the Home and Sleep/Wake buttons for 10 seconds)?

Yes, several times

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I know of...

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Smartphones
Nothing else...phone did have a caution message about it getting overheated.
Well?
5/25/2018
Technician: Ameen Khan, Mobile Expert replied 2 months ago
Ameen Khan
Ameen Khan, Mobile Expert

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I will do my best to help you today.

To give you an accurate answer, I have some follow up questions for you:

Has the phone been under sunlight or any exposure to heat recently?

Please connect it to itunes to see if it gets detected

Apparently it was left in the sunlight. ITunes does not recognize the device

I see, that must have caused it. The battery must have been swelled or damaged. The best way to have this inspected is to take it to the Apple store and they will check it for free for you. They can also repair it on the spot if it is.

Let me know if you have any follow up questions.