Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

My iPhone 6 says "no service." I don't remember my password.

Customer Question
My iPhone 6 says...

My iPhone 6 says "no service." I don't remember my password. I can't. connect to my xfinity network. What do I do?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I don't know or I am unaware that I changed it.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

How do I do that?

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No, thank you.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Smartphones
5/1/2018
Technician: ElectronicsPete, Engineer replied 2 months ago
ElectronicsPete
ElectronicsPete, Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

If you have forgotten the password ***** your Xfinity wifi network, check on the wifi router box - the password ***** be written on a label on it.

--------------------

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

--------------------

I wrote down my password ***** the wifi router box, "alley3873cellar" so now what?
Are you responding to my most recent question?

Yes...

So now that you have the password, can you select the Xfinity wifi network on your iPhone and enter the password ***** it?

I clicked on settings then what?
  1. From your Home screen, go to Settings > Wi-Fi.
  2. Turn on Wi-Fi.
    Your device will automatically search for available Wi-Fi networks.
  3. Tap the name of the Wi-Fi network that you want to join.
I clicked on "Homewifi" and my choices are at the top "forget this network", auto join, IPV4 address and under that is configure IP (clicked on automatic), IP address 10.0.0.125, subnet mask 255.255.255.0, router 10.0.0.1 and then in blue on the bottom is Renew Lease.

If it still isn't connecting then try restarting both the Xfinity wifi router box and the iPhone.

Let me know if it then connects ok for you.

Please cancel the phone call that I requested last night. Do not charge me for this service and send confirmation that you have completed this task. No one called. I will go to Knoxville to the apple store soon.