Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

My wife bought me this I5 phone. I would like to start my…

Customer Question
My wife bought me...

My wife bought me this I5 phone. I would like to start my SUV remotely via my phone. But the phone asks me for my password. The previous owner will not return my request for his old password. So, I can't set my SUV to remotely start my vehicle.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?

How do I find that out?

Technician's Assistant: The Smartphone Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been going on with your smartphone? What have you tried so far?

When I 1st got my 2018

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

When I 1st bought my 2018 Terrain the phone allowed me to remotely start my SUV via my I5. Then months later it ended & I had no Icon to click onto

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Smartphones
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/3/2018
Technician: Samuel White, Tech Expert replied 3 months ago
Samuel White
Samuel White, Tech Expert

If your friend's information is on the phone it is locked to their name until the release it. This is an anti-theft feature which they should have removed before selling it or giving it away.

Really, that's the best advice!!! Don't U think I already know that. SO,how do I get around it!!! Please don't take 3 hrs. to answer...

I can only provide the answer to your question. In this case that is the answer. If there was a work around it would not be an anti-theft security feature. I am sorry for your wait time, however, I replied as soon as I logged in.