Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I'm trying to get used to the new phone and when I tried to…

Customer Question
Hi my name is...

Hi my name is ***** *****'m trying to get used to the new phone and when I tried to set up email last night this darn phone put in other letters I did not put in and I didn't notice until it was done HELP THTS not what I want my email address to be

Technician's Assistant: How's your internet connection? Are you checking your email from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?

Conection la good this phone had that setting on where it will put stuff in what your writing on its own until I shut that off hun I live in the dark ages and this is all new to me

Technician's Assistant: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?

No don't believe so

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so thank you

Submitted: 18 days ago.Category: Smartphones
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/3/2018
Technician: Harry, IT replied 17 days ago
Harry, IT

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Customer reply replied 17 days ago
I'm not paying that additional money go a phone call so can we talk here pleade
Customer reply replied 17 days ago
let's talk here are you there

No problem -- I have declined the phone call.

How can I help you?

Customer reply replied 17 days ago
I need to Chang my gmail address when I tried to do it other letters or #s came up and I didn't know that until it was too late
Customer reply replied 17 days ago
hello? are you still there??

Change it where?

Customer reply replied 17 days ago
my address has a 3 and I don't remember what else I wanted it to be jstack10

Is this on your phone? Which model phone?

Customer reply replied 17 days ago
it's an LG but it wasgmail that told me I couldn't change it when I tried
Customer reply replied 17 days ago
let me explain where the problem also lied I live in the dark ages this l know sounds crazy but its all new to me

Which model LG?

Customer reply replied 17 days ago
LG fiesta 2lte
stlgl164vcpwp
is that the #you need

LG Fiesta is a phone; not your TV.

Customer reply replied 17 days ago
phone do you want the sterile # instead of the other one?

I apologize -- I was reading another question. The phone serial is fine.

When do you see the wrong email?

Customer reply replied 17 days ago
I don't see a wrong email ok
series#358385084175853 LG fiesta2lte
I just got this phone and when I tried to set up my gmail address it came out wrong and I didn't realize it until I accepted it and when I tried to go back and change it gmail said I couldn't so here I am trying to get someone to help me change my gmail address my jstack10 part
  1. Start by go to LG Fiesta phone Settings.
  2. Find the “Backup & Reset” option among the available menu and tap on it.
  3. You will find more option, and you need to find “Factory Data Reset” and then tap on it.
  4. At the bottom, you will see the option of “Reset Phone”, tap on this option as well.
  5. Enter your unlock sequence if you have configured one, then tap “Erase Everything” and OK to confirm.
Harry, IT