Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I am trying to activate an Apple cell phone. It will not…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to activate an Apple cell phone. It will not accept my password.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I have not changed it and it has worked in the past. Should I have a new one.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No, and I have no idea how to do that, but would like to know why my old

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Password ***** not work. No.

Submitted: 21 days ago.Category: Smartphones
Customer reply replied 20 days ago
How could my email be wrong. I have used it for years. It worked in a previous cell phone, why not this one.
Customer reply replied 20 days ago
By device, do you mean my new cell phone?
Customer reply replied 20 days ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 20 days ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Customer reply replied 20 days ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 20 days ago
I have had the current email and pass for years, on my Ipad and previous cell phone. If it will take days to answer my
question, I will log on tomorrow. In the meantime I have a service person OnTing who is helping me to set up my cell,
waiting for my call back.
Customer reply replied 20 days ago
Please let me know if I should call back tomorrow??
4/3/2018
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 20 days ago
Karthik Nagarajan

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 20 days ago

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Could you provide me the apple ID/iCloud ID? So that we can go ahead and check what are the reset option available.

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
I have not been able to get beyond the first few steps in activating my cell and this is the first time I am trying to set it up. I don\t
know what an ID/I/Cloud ID means nor do I have one. My original question was why Apple would not accept user ID and pass
which I have used for years including an Apple Ipad. I was able to log on to my Apple account using my current ID and password.So, question? What if I change my password? Would that help? My nearest apple store is over 100 miles away.
Customer reply replied 20 days ago
My provider tried to help me, but this is an Apple problem.
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 20 days ago

I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it. Your apple ID is normally your email address which is register with the apple. Could you please tell me what is the email address?

Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 20 days ago

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
My email address is my user ID***@******.***. Again: password:MountTam78! I have used these with my Apple
Ipad and it worked fine.
.
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 20 days ago

I checked from my end and the password ***** ***** properly with your apple ID. Could you please tell me what do you see in the iPad screen? Is it working properly?

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
This is indeed a MYSTERY.Now I cannot log into my Ipad using my old password, which has worked before. Something ate
up my password. So, would a new password ***** the problem. I am willing to try that.???
Customer reply replied 20 days ago
Just a thought. I had another cell last year it was an I6, I purchased it through a provider and they did activate it for me. It
seems there was no problem with the password. Unfortunately the I6 I purchased was defective and I did not want to go thru
the trouble of trying to fix it, so I got an I7 thru another provider. This provider did not try and activate it. A long shot.
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 20 days ago

Could you please tell me what is the email address showing in the activation lock screen? the email may look like***@******.***.

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
On my cell it does not show. On my Ipad it shows"*****@******.***. Again, it certainly must be possible to change
my password ***** be done with it. I just can't believe there is something wrong with my email address, since I am getting
email with no problem.Again, why can't I change my Apple password ***** be done with it. I just cannot spend more time on
this. Thank you for your efforts.
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 20 days ago

In this case, you can reach Apple Account Security team over the phone at 1-***-***-**** /1-***-***-****. They are available from 7AM to 10PM CST 7 days a week.

IMPORTANT: When you call, you’ll reach an automated system. Just say "iTunes" and then say "Account" for Account Security. Then, say "Yes" when the system asks if you would like to be transferred to an advisor again say "Yes".

Vinod Menon, Customer Service