Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I have an iPhone X and my airdrop isn’t working. When I go…

Customer Question
I have an iPhone...

I have an iPhone X and my airdrop isn’t working. When I go to the control center, I don’t see airdrop to turn it on or off.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

11.2.6

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

It’s never worked

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I’ve only had the iPhone X for about a month

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Smartphones
4/2/2018
Technician: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago
Michael T

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue

The new IOS doesnt have the option in the control center anymore....

You now have to go to the item you want to airdrop and hit the share icon, box with arrow in it

You can then tap on the blue sonar picture to activate airdrop

This change was made because the battery was getting drained so it is now a tap to activate service for that reason

If your not sure on my steps I can send you an example of what to do

Thanks Mike

I’ve done that but when I tap the sonar Airdrop, nothing happens.
Technician: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago

That is because the OTHER device has not got it turned on and transmitting so you can see them

Technician: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago

CHECK YOUR DEVICE BY DOING THIS TO BE ON THE SAFE SIDE

TAP SETTINGS

TAP GENERAL

TAP AIRDROP

AND MAKE SURE EVERYONE IS SELECTED

Technician: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating for my time today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today otherwise I wont be paid from your already made deposit for helping you. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know and ill be happy to help you more