Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

My I phone 8 is disabled. What do I do to get it back? Where…

Customer Question
My I phone 8...

My I phone 8 is disabled. What do I do to get it back?

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

Where do I findn where do I find that out?

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

Called verison and he had me try to turn down the volume and turn off the phone at the same time. didn't work.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes-- I updated my phone last night and sinse then it won't work. It asked for a password ***** I think I used the wrong one.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Smartphones
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/30/2018
Technician: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 3 months ago
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! I will work to provide accurate advice. Give me a minute to read your submission.

If Secure Remote Assistance is offered, please ignore it.

To clarify; is this concerning the stand alone 4/6 digit passcode to unlock the device OR is it the password ***** the Apple ID?