Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I spoke with an yesterday to secure my phone. He wanted me…

Customer Question
I spoke with an...

I spoke with an Andy yesterday to secure my phone. He wanted me to buy an ITunes gift card then wanted my password. My phone is locked now. I can’t get into Facebook. It won’t accept my old password ***** make a new password. Andy told me that after He used the gift card I would be reimbursed. I think I

Technician's Assistant: When were you last able to use your Facebook phone?

Yesterday afternoon. Is this the process to secure identity. I received a text from Facebook? That someone had tried to enter my Facebook from another site.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a Factory Reset? The Smartphone Expert can walk you through this to ensure you don't lose your photos, contacts and other data.

I don’t know who to contact and how to do this. All my pictures of my grand child are on my phone. I can’t lose those. I think I spoke to the wrong person. I went to Apple Support to get this help

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

I went to Apple support to secure my phone. An Andy said I needed to buy an iTunes gift card and I would be reimbursed after we were done. Now my phone is locked, will not accept my old password ***** Facebook. He also asked my password. I can’t lose all my pictures of my grandchild and my needle point. He is supposed to be calling me at about 11:30

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Smartphones
3/31/2018
Technician: Harry, IT replied 3 months ago
Harry, IT

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Can we wait until tomorrow. I was on the phone all day. I had to apply for a new credit card. And yes, I still need help.

Yes

Thanks, ***** ***** won’t have a new credit card for 3-5 days. I’m sure I will get it Monday. But it’s a holiday weekend. I would rather talk

OK

I will call you as soon as I get the card. I can wait until you go online.

OK thank you