Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I purchased a used i phone 5 on ebay,the seller only said it…

Customer Question
HI,i purchased a used...

HI,i purchased a used i phone 5 on ebay,the seller only said it needed a new screen and battery,ok i replace the items.but phone has activation lock

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I dont have this info i purchase used

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

I did a reset with my itunes account

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Can you help me with this problem

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Smartphones
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/30/2018
Technician: Harry, IT replied 4 months ago
Harry, IT

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Activation lock has nothing to do with a screen or battery -- Activation lock means it is locked to the original owner and the only way around that feature is for the owner to unlock it.