Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I got an email saying that someone had used An iPhone 6 to…

Customer Question
I got an email...

I got an email saying that someone had used An iPhone 6 to order $64 worth of stuff on safari and that I should go into my account to update my information but when I try to go into the site they give me it says the server cannot be found.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update your Safari?

I don’t know. I’m not very computer savvy.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I know off. Like I said I’m an old lady and get confused very easy when it comes to computers.

Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: Smartphones
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/30/2018
Technician: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 26 days ago
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! I will work to provide accurate advice. Give me a minute to read your submission.

If Secure Remote Assistance is offered, please ignore it.

The message you received is a scam. You should not click on any links in the message or interact with it in any way, other than to delete it. If you HAVE clicked links in it and tried to provide personal information on any site associated with the scammers, your account(s) might be in jeopardy.

The scammers are phishing for a response; to gain access to your personal account details and to bank/credit card information.

If you do NOT see the charge on the payment method you use with Apple, this will be confirmation.

This is a great time, however, to verify your Apple account is safe and details current. You can do so by signing into the Apple ID management page ( on the official Apple site):

https://appleid.apple.com/

Once signed in, browse the information shown on screen and verify it is all correct. Make any changes as needed - scroll down to each section, verifying the info is current, and click "Edit" at the right side of the screen for each area that needs updated. You may wish to change your password ***** you tried logging into a site linked from the original email.

Once completed, you should be good to go!

If you still have concerns, don’t negatively rate my answer, just reply back and let me know. I'll be happy to advise you further. When finished, please give a positive rating so I can be credited for my assistance. You are judging my personal service only (not this website, the price, or your issue) and high ratings assure I remain in good standing.

Thanks and good luck,

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
You did an excellent job in explaining what I should do. Thank you very much.
Technician: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 24 days ago

You are very welcome!

If the current question has been answered to your satisfaction, please remember to rate my personal assistance accordingly when you get a moment. However, if you have any further questions on this topic, please let me know at any time.

John T. F., Apple Consultant