Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I just got a new phone and I can't get back into my Facebook…

Customer Question
I just got a...

I just got a new phone and I can't get back into my Facebook and Instagram please help me

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your computer or device?

Device

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update your Facebook?

Sunday May 25, 2018

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

That's it for now

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Smartphones
3/29/2018
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 3 months ago
Karthik Nagarajan

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 3 months ago

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Could you please tell me whether what is the exact error message you are getting when you tried to login to your Facebook or Instagram? Is it showing as incorrect password?

It keep saying incorrect word
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 3 months ago

I am sorry for the delay, Could you provide me the Facebook ID/ Facebook email address? So that we can go ahead and check what are the reset option available.

or***@******.***
My Facebook & Instagram still not working please help
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 3 months ago

Could you please tell me whether do you have an access to your Charter email account(*****@******.***)?So that I can send you the reset link.

Everytime I try to check the email address it kick me out
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 3 months ago

The only way to reset your facebook and instagram password ***** ***** sending a reset link to the registered email address. As you stated that you're unable to access your charter account, we need to reset the charter account first, So I have initiated the password ***** which means an email containing a link to reset your password ***** be sent to the contact address on file.

Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 3 months ago

But I am not sure how the charter reset link would be, so in this case what I suggest you is to contact charter email technical team(1-***-***-****) regarding this issue and have a quick check on the reset option. Once the charter account is resetted, please reach us back so that I can reset your facebook and instagram account for you.

Charter gave me a code number 987695
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 3 months ago

Did you have them where to enter this code number?

No
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 3 months ago

I thought it may be a one time password, even I tried to using it for login purpose but it is not working. Could you check with them where to use the code?

They have my another code 228745 but they didn't let me get a 1 time password
Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 3 months ago

I am really sorry, What is this number and where we need to use this number. Please do check with Charter, so that I can try some help from my end.