Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I just updated my galaxy s8 ans and now I cannot use the…

I just updated my...

I just updated my galaxy s8 ans and now I cannot use the samsung keyboard

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Galaxy?

Let me see

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Galaxy? What have you tried so far?

Today like for two hours since I updated it

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

Sofware g95ousqu2crb9 Hardware rev1.0

If I don't received an answer in 10 minutes forget about my question I'll go somewhere else
3/29/2018
Richard, Smartphone Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Do you still need assistance with this?

Please let me know

please I tried everything i can think of and nada
Wait i have to pay extra for the call?

Can you tell me what you have tried to do to resolve this?

A call is an extra service but optional.

The no i dont want to pay more

I reset my phone to factory , tried emergency mode, restart, off and on
Now I can even use my wifi since I cannot type my password ***** access

The keyboard is not showing up at all?

And when you reset the phone, how did you set it up as per the setup process?

Nope it says not responding
It says keyboard has stopped
even to go back to my home page after trying is kind of stuck
can you help me im really tired i got to go to bed

Are you able to get to the settings on the phone?

I just can't type

Thanks

Go to settings, apps, applications manager

Press on the three dots top right then go to Show system apps

Then go to Google Services Framework, press it than storage then clear data

Restart the phone and tell me if the keyboard now works please

Ok i tried that before but with another app
Nope still the same

You found Google Services Framework?

I am using my ipad because now Im having trouble with the internet in my phone
  1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release all keys ('Installing system update' will show for about 30 - 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
  4. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight “wipe cache partition.”
  5. Press the Power key to select.
  6. Press the Volume down key to highlight “yes” and press the Power key to select.
  7. When the wipe cache partition is complete, “Reboot system now” is highlighted.
  8. Press the Power key to restart the device.

Tell me if the keyboard then works please

I did what you said with the keys but it just showed the sprint logo and android logo and then my screensaver

You need to make sure it is completely off please before doing this, do power it off then do the instructions please

Ok

thanks

Omg I did it and still not working
Now what

Then we need to do a full reset, so do the instructions again but instead choose Wie Data, Factory reset

This is so frustrating

Ok let me try

thanks

Ok I did but it says fail to open recovery
i tried it again
Nope it goes back again

Thanks, ***** ***** know the issue

It is the internal memory that has faulted, this confirms it

A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to reinstall it.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the phone to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Ok but is this a factory defect or what

yes it is, with the memory and the update wrote data to the faulty memory, the reseller will replace it under warranty for you

But I bought it last January
Guess what , it is working now

Ok, it looks like then you did so the reset as I requested, possibly you missed the screen where it said it was resetting..

But keyboard is now functioning correctly still?

well thank you and good night

You are welcome and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Richard, Smartphone Specialist