Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I cannot sign in and the top of my iphone seems disabled…

Customer Question
I cannot sign in...

I cannot sign in and the top of my iphone seems disabled although i know for a fact my user name and password ***** correct.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I haven't

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

It's an apple iphone

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Smartphones
it's at the top of my settings page that is cannot access the area that says my name, Apple ID, iCloud, iTunes & App Store
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/28/2018
Technician: Harry, IT replied 3 months ago
Harry, IT

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

If your Apple ID is locked for security reasons, you might see one of these alerts:

• “This Apple ID has been disabled for security reasons”
  • "You can't sign in because your account was disabled for security reasons"
  • "This Apple ID has been locked for security reasons"

When you see one of these alerts, you can go to iforgot.apple.com to unlock your account with your existing password ***** to reset your password. After multiple unsuccessful attempts to unlock your account, your Apple ID will remain locked and you can try again the next day.

In settings on my iPhone, the top of the page with Apple ID, iCloud and iTunes and App Store are still disabled although my iPad is not.

I don’t have a message that I can see. I see a red exclamation point but when I touch it, nothing happens.

Have you tried restarting your phone?

I restarted my phone but it didn’t help.

What does it say on your phone as an error?

Apple Support fixed it.

Great to hear