Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

Not computer my cell phone, two mornings ago Microsoft did…

Customer Question
Not computer my cell...

Not computer my cell phone, two mornings ago Microsoft did an update on my phone but they didn't up date my Microsoft edge, now I can't get on the internet, please update my Microsoft edge !!!!!!!!!

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your computer or device?

My cell phone is alkatar not sure of the spelling

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update your Edge?

I haven';t been able to, that is why I am calling, Microsoft did an update Monday morning around 7:30 am ...I tried my internet Monday night and couldn't get it on . I tried T-Mobile ,my carrier, and they did a diagnostic, and they told me when you guys did the update , you didn't update the Microsoft edge, you need to update the Microsoft edge as well so I can start using my internet again !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

That is it, I want my Microsoft edge back/ updated on my phone so I can use it as I have been, this is ridiculous ~

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Smartphones
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/29/2018
Technician: Joel Kalman, Electrical Engineer replied 3 months ago
Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Electrical Engineer

Hello. I am pleased to assist you today. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem.

This is not the Microsoft website. You have reached Just Answer, an independent information services company. We provide technical support for computers, printers, smartphones, and consumer electronics, as well as a range of other knowledge areas.

What are the make and model of your smartphone? Who is your wireless carrier?

this is odd because I placed two phone calls to Microsoft and both phone calls gave me a different number to call and the last one said check the website, which I had to go work to be able to use my computer as I don't have a computer. so I go on line and this is where Microsoft told me to go after I had to pay five bucks which irritates me as I never asked for an update and their darn update cost me my Microsoft edge and now I am going through all this trouble and still not fixed. I will give you everything that is on my phone. it is an Alcate onetouch IMEI:014551001187240 HAC M4/T4 H/W:09 5055W N W33 BZKG 09 NFZ 5055W-2ATBUS1 this is everything on my phone. The thing that irritates me is I have had this phone for nearly a year with Microsoft Edge and not had a problem till Monday when they did the update and now I don't have it. My carrier is T-Mobile and they determined that when Micro soft did the update , it didn't include the Edge update which it needs ! this is the 4th day now I am dealing with this ~ I certainly hope you can help !!! and then no less I get and answer texted with me that I am supposed to link , well guess what folks , can't link when I don't have Microsoft Edge.... DUH !
I shouldn't have to pay 20 and not be guaranteed my phone will be fixed !!!!! this was not my problem , this was microsofts issue, perhaps I should start over and see if Microsoft has other options ! this is very discouraging !

This is not the Microsoft website. Your search engine returns sponsored results and you have selected Just Answer, an independent information services company. We provide technical support for computers, printers, smartphones, and consumer electronics, as well as a range of other knowledge areas.

We are not a free service. There is a $5 fully refundable deposit to open your account. The deposit will be applied to the value of your question when you are satisfied with the answer. If you are not satisfied, you do not have to pay.

You can download Microsoft Edge into your Alcatel OneTouch Android smartphone from the Google Play store. Your smartphone also has a native browser that you can use which is part of the Android operating system.

If you have any additional questions or problems, please let me know, so that I can provide you with the additional support that you need. My goal is to provide you with the best possible customer service. If you are satisfied with my advice, please take a moment to rate my services.

i am not going any further with this conversation and cancelling the 5.00 I was mislead into getting into this situation and am not happy and reporting this to Microsoft once I can make a connection and still nothing is working .