Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

My phone wont turn on --stuck with an apple. I restart

Customer Question
My phone wont turn...

My phone wont turn on --stuck with an apple. I restart (press home and side button down) it would turn off and when I put it back on (just side button) it comes up with the apple only

Technician's Assistant: When was the last time you updated the Operating System (OS) on your Mac or device?

Maybe 3-4 months ago

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

This is iPhone 6 plus-128gb

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Smartphones
3/28/2018
Technician: Samuel White, Tech Expert replied 3 months ago
Samuel White
Samuel White, Tech Expert

I am Samuel and I can help you. You are going to have to recover it because it is stuck in a boot loop. Do you have iTunes downloaded on a computer?

no I don't use itunes

You will need to have it in order to recover the device.

no call I don't have another phone for you to call me on
do you have a solution for this or if not ---ill just go to the apple store

Yes, you download iTunes to your computer and then you have to put the phone into recovery mode. That will restore the device by resetting the software. Apple will explain the same to you however if you want to double check it never hurts.

The call requests are auto-generated so feel free to disregard.

it will take me a while to figure this out ... I guess I will hang up from you
or ill just stop by apple store
bye

Apple nor the phone carriers will do this for you as it requires connection to a PC to do. To protect them they do not provide this service. (I am just saving you the trip and wait).

1. Connect your iOS device to your computer and open iTunes.
  2. While your device is connected, force restart it:
    • On an iPhone 6s and earlier: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery mode screen.
  3. When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Restore.

iTunes will download software for your device. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your device will exit recovery mode and you'll need to repeat steps 2 and 3.
  4. Wait for the process to finish. Then you can set up and use your device.