Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

It rebooted in August and I have not password or ID is there…

Customer Question
It rebooted in August...

It rebooted in August and I have not password ***** ID is there someway to erase and get everything back to square one. I have not used this phone since August

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?

It is an iPhone 6 not sure about the OS but it goes back to when the 6 came out

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

Since August. The guy at the Verizon store said that if I powered off the phone then held the power and the home button until the apple appeared and then took my finger off the power but continued to hold the home button and plugged the phone into my computer it would erase everything and I could restart

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

Just want my phone back

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Smartphones
3/26/2018
Technician: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 4 months ago
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! I will work to provide accurate advice. Give me a minute to read your submission.

If Secure Remote Assistance is offered, please ignore it.

To clarify; is this concerning the stand alone 4/6 digit passcode to unlock the device OR is it the password ***** the Apple ID?