Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I set up a apple I 4 account and I used a gmail account. But…

Customer Question
I set up a...

I set up a apple I 4 account and I used a gmail account. But now it want let me download the app for gmail or Facebook?

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

He, hasn't at all, I'm doing all this set up for a friend and he hasn't gone to gmail at all.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I haven't, really don't know nothing about that.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

No, thank you.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Smartphones
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/26/2018
Technician: ProTechExper,
 replied 1 month ago
ProTechExper
Just a few questions to start. Are you trying to download facebook and gmail on a Tablet, phone, or computer. Is the information requesting yoyr Apple ID password?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
On a phone, a I 4 phone. Yes apple ID password. It says I need to enabled cookies. I donk know how to do that.
Technician: ProTechExper,
 replied 1 month ago

Go to setting then select safari and then make sure block all cookies is off

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I did that.
Technician: ProTechExper,
 replied 1 month ago

If you have soft reset and also checked that setting then you can reset all settings this will not erase any data from your phone but you will have to customize ringtone and screen back

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I reset everything.
Technician: ProTechExper,
 replied 1 month ago

IF you have reset everything you would need to either restore through itunes instructions here https://support.apple.com/en-us/ht204306 or contact Apple support at(###) ###-####/p>

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I've not got gmail app download and the apple ID, sent a email link there but when I try to download it, it want let me kept saying & asking for password ***** apple ID for***@******.***?
Technician: ProTechExper,
 replied 1 month ago
You dont have to have a gmail app to get an email. You would ro add rhe email through settings and accounts. Then you will be able to click link in email sent from Apple then reaet password. Then you can download any apps you want from App store. You also can just check gmail from Safari to reset the pw
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
He's very new with his phone and I want him to be able to just push the app & be there, it be open.
Technician: ProTechExper,
 replied 29 days ago
I understand that. But the issue has to be resolved before you can do that so you will have to use the phone setting (add account) or safari just to get info reset then you will be able to download app
ProTechExper
ProTechExper
ProTechExper