Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I need to access my cloud. I recently got a new phone I did…

Customer Question
I need to access...

I need to access my cloud. I recently got a new phone I did have everything stransfered from the old phone. However, I was having issues related to my ex husband gaining access to my accounts , so I factory reset my new phone, and can't figure out how to access my cloud

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

It says I'm only logged in on the one I'm currently on

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Yes, but it tells my either someone is already using it or it isn't linked to my account

Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Smartphones
3/25/2018
Technician: ITCris,
 replied 25 days ago
ITCris

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you.

You would like to restore your current iPhone from your last iCloud backup is that correct?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
No, android
Technician: ITCris,
 replied 25 days ago

OK sorry, I will opt out and open the question to other experts who will contact you.

Technician: Samuel White, Tech Expert replied 24 days ago
Samuel White
Samuel White, Tech Expert

I am Samuel and I can help you. With Android devices, there is not just one standard cloud or app to back up information like on the iPhone. Do you remember which cloud or back up app you used? The most common are the Verizon cloud and Googles cloud/back up.

When you set up the device did you enter a Google account?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I want a call back please
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Ok
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I was charged already for a call back, will it get refunded
Customer reply replied 24 days ago

I've entered a Google and Samsung accounts, I used both to back up my information

I would like to continue here and not to a phone call.

When you add your Google Account to a device that's been set up, what you'd previously backed up for that Google Account gets put onto the device. Are you positive you backed it up with your google account before?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I have
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Hello, I have on both

Google is set up to bring that information over once you log into your account post a reset. Based on your first comments you did already perform a reset, correct?

1. If necessary, log into your Google and/or Samsung accounts.
  2. From the Home screen, tap Settings.
  3. Scroll to 'USER AND BACKUP,' then tap Accounts.
  4. Tap Google if contacts are backed up to Google account.
  5. Tap Samsung if contacts are backed up to Samsung account.
  6. Tap your email address at the top of the screen.
  7. If necessary, select the Sync contacts check box.
  8. Tap Sync now
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I did the smart switch , so at one point everything was restored to my 9+. But like I said before. I had to factory reset it after a couple of days for personl reasons

I do understand. So after you reset it, you entered the google account information... if it was backed up correctly before it will automatically restore all backed up information.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I've done all that, but it's just referring to what's been backed up to my new device not anything else

The sync option will sync the old information as well. If it is not coming over by itself post the reset and also not working after the sync the issue seems to be that they were not backed up correctly before.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I know I have 2 clouds from different accounts, it's just only letting me access what I have on my new device. However, i had to change password, maybe that's why?

You can really only restore one of the accounts. If you want the old information to reset the device and enter the old account... The same steps apply to doing this with the new account. If you are attempting to do something different I need to clearly know what you want to accomplish so I can give you the solution.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
As I said yesterday I was using a Gmail that I thought I was using but apparently a different old Gmail account had been opened in used instead and I believe my soon to be ex husband did that so a lot of my information was changed because I believe I was hacked by him, ,,,, So I really don't know what Gmail has been used be honest
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I thought that I had closed the other Gmail accounts Di have created in the past made a new one and I thought all my information was going to my new 1 apparently it wasn't that's why I couldn't remember my password ***** had to reset it but nothing was coming up even for my Facebook I am locked out of my Facebook because I can't get my generator code because it had a different number and email address that it got linked to

So is your goal to try and got the information from the google that you may not have set up but contains your old backed up information? If this is not your goal please state what it is.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Well if my information is backed up to the brand new one that I created then I need to find out how I can get back into it so I can look it up because it's not let me

Oh boy, you have had to change around a lot accounts and such.

So there is a google account you want access to but you do not have the information to access it?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
that seems to be my problem. I knew this that's why I need help so I'm thinking I'mGoing to take my phone to Sprint because I think I need somebody to physically help me

The folks at sprint won't be able to help you gain access to a google account. It is a security feature from Google that is not something they can override...only a small team at google can override this. When you go to the google password ***** page (link below) and try to reset the password ***** is happening?

https://accounts.google.com/signin/v2/recoveryidentifier?flowName=GlifWebSignIn&flowEntry=ServiceLogin

Vinod Menon, Customer Service