Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I just got an iPhone 8 and am trying to transfer content…

Customer Question
I just got an...

I just got an iPhone 8 and am trying to transfer content from my old iPhone. I have two apple IDs. Apple asked for first one (which is old and I rarely use) and then wouldn't accept my password. I changed the password ***** that I could get some older apps that had been added under that ID. It then asked for my other Apple ID that I use all the time now. Apple would not accept my password ***** my regular account, even though I used it just recently. Now I'm stymied: My iPhone 8 won't update and I have no phone. What do I do?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I changed the password ***** my old ID today. I didn't change my password ***** my regular account and have been using that password ***** at least 6 months or more.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

You mean going to Apple and finding an online account reset tool? No. Just erased first attempt at transferring content to iPhone 8 and went through process again, to no avail.

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No, thank you.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Smartphones
3/25/2018
Technician: Harry, IT replied 3 months ago
Harry, IT

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.