Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I need help with my Samsung 8 phone. I in error deleted my…

Customer Question
I need help with...

I need help with my Samsung 8 phone

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your 8? What have you tried so far?

I in error deleted my contact list yesterday around 8 am. and i need help in restoring it. i tried doing it on my phone and then it needs me to sign into my gmail account but i forgot my password

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

I just need my contact list restored and create a new password. that is all

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Smartphones
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/24/2018
Technician: Samuel White, Tech Expert replied 4 months ago
Samuel White
Samuel White, Tech Expert

I am Samuel and I can help you. Did you set up a gmail/google account when you set up the phone?

Technician: Samuel White, Tech Expert replied 3 months ago
  1. Go to the google account manager: https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager
  2. Make sure you log on with the Google account associated with your locked device.
  3. Once you’re on Android Device Manager, you’ll bring up essentially the same screen regardless of whether you’re on a browser or app. This screen includes a map as well as a box that shows the devices associated with your Google account. If you have more than one device associated, just look for the specific one that got locked. If it’s not the first device shown, just tap the device name on the screen to bring up a menu of all devices connected to your account. Tap on the correct one.
  4. With the correct device highlighted, you now have a few options. You’ll see “Ring,” “Lock,” and “Erase.” Ring is used for locating your phone if you misplaced it somewhere in your house. Erase is for phones that you lost outside your house and you want to do a factory reset to make sure whoever finds it can’t access your personal stuff. For folks who forgot their lock screen passwords, however, tapping on “Lock” is the way to go. This will launch a screen that allows you to change the lock screen PIN on your device. Enter your new PIN and wait until you get a prompt that says Android Manager has sent the info about the change to your phone.
  5. Bring up the lock screen of your locked device once again and you will now have an option to enter your new pin (sometimes, it might take a minute or so for it to pop out). Enter the pin and voila, your device should now be unlocked.