Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I want to enter a new user & password on my Apple I-phone…

Customer Question
I want to enter...

I want to enter a new user & password ***** my Apple I-phone serial #358607071804835

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

24/05/2017

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Yes, but I get lost and confused because of age and limited computing skills

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

My mobile # is(###) ###-####and my current mobility account is with Virgin Mobile account ####-##-#### My Email is:***@******.***

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Smartphones
3/24/2018
Technician: Samuel White, Tech Expert replied 1 month ago
Samuel White
Samuel White, Tech Expert

Is the phone already reset?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It shows activation lock screen

Ok this means the phone is locked still under your old ID and password. You have to enter that to unlock the phone.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have no record that and that is where I sit frustrated.

It is an anti-theft so there is no workaround. There is a team Apple has that can reset the antitheft but it requires documents like the original proof of purchase and others.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I can provide this but I need time to pick up my wife. I want to continue later today.Barrie

No problem. If you were the original purchaser of the iPhone you could either to an Apple Store (make a Genius Bar appointment if you do) or by contacting iTunes Support online (http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/contact/) they can remove the iPhone from the account - they are likely to want to see proof of ownership before they might help e.g. original receipt with the serial number on it

Is there any other help you need? If not please rate so I can close this request! Thanks so much!

Samuel White
Samuel White
Samuel White, Tech Expert