Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I have 2 google map apps on my iPhone. It works great when…

Customer Question
I have 2 google...

I have 2 google map apps on my iPhone. It works great when there is an internet connection but not at all when I am not on the internet. What can I do to make it work when it is off the internet?

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your iPhone?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Which lights are solid and which are blinking on your router?

Maybe, I ask the question wrong. It works on HiFi but not when I am in the car away from a HiFI connection.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Not really

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Smartphones
3/24/2018
Technician: Joel Kalman, Electrical Engineer replied 4 months ago
Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Electrical Engineer

Hello. I am pleased to assist you today. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem.

Do you have a data plan with your wireless service?

If you have a data plan, you may be able to download your Google maps over the cellular network, but I have found that it is usually not possible when I am in an unfamiliar area to get the maps that way. However, I use Goohat it works is to download the Google maps in the car all the time with driving directions. The way that it works for me is to enter the destination before I leave home and plan the trip while I am on wifi. Then your smartphone will have the data that it needs to display your route.

If you have any questions or have problems with this advice, please let me know so that I can provide you with the additional support that you need. My goal is to provide you with the best possible customer service. If you are satisfied with my advice, please take a moment to rate my services.