Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I have iphone 6 plus and the screen is flashing the apple…

I have iphone 6...

I have iphone 6 plus and the screen is flashing the apple logo. I've connected to iTunes and put back to factory settings. I've replaced the battery. Do you think I could have a bug?

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

Not sure, how can I tell?

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

I've connected to iTunes and put back to factory settings. I've replaced the battery.

3/23/2018
Harry, IT

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
please.

Who repaired the battery? Apple or yourself?

Did you have the issue before replacing the battery?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I replaced the battery. No problem with battery prior, I thought maybe that would solve the problem.

Okay, so you had the issue with the screen prior to the battery replacement?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Correct, replacing the battery was an possible inexpensive fix

How old is the phone?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
2 yrs.
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
not sure it was given to me by a friend.

Thank you -- I wanted to confirm if it was under warranty or not.

Unfortunately, there is an internal component that needs to be replaced. You will either need to bring it to an Apple store or a local technician so they can open it up to see where the issue is.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Ok, I'll take it to the nearest apple store. thank you.

You're welcome -- I apologize that I had to deliver the bad news to you. Please understand that we do not like to deliver bad news because our rating on the site is based on the feedback of our customers so bad news situations are difficult to deal with. Thankfully, a large majority of our customers are understanding that we are just messengers in the situation and do not take it out on the rating system.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Hey how come I was charged for a phone conversation and we never spoke on the phone?
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
My account was just charged a total of $50 and I under the impression I would only be charge $5 and $20 for a phone conversation which never took place.

The phone call was an automated offer that you accepted and since it was not taken, you will not be charged for it.

Also, our services are not $5.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I will be refunded the $20 for the phone conversation that did not take place?

Correct -- I am only a technician so I don't handle payment information but I will send a note to customer service.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Thank you I would appreciate that. Is there a way to print our conversation?

You can either use CTRL and P together or there should be a print icon somewhere on your page

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
OK thank you.

You're welcome!

Harry, IT
Harry, IT