Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

Need to change my SIM card - how do I do that. Apple 4. Left…

Customer Question
Need to change my...

Need to change my SIM card - how do I do that

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Apple 4

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Apple device? What have you tried so far?

Left my trac fone account expire - have to put new SIM card in - Just don't know how to do that

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No, thank you

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Smartphones
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/23/2018
Technician: Samuel White, Tech Expert replied 4 months ago
Samuel White
Samuel White, Tech Expert

Here is where you can find the sim slot, given your iPhone model:

• 4s and later: On the right side of iPhone, the side opposite your mute switch and volume buttons
  1. Gently insert the small paperclip you bent earlier into the small pinhole opening in the SIM tray.
  2. Apply a small amount of pressure until the SIM tray pops out of the iPhone or iPad. Don't apply pressure at an angle, only in the direction of the pinhole.
  3. Grab hold of the SIM tray and pull straight out.
  4. Swap your SIM card and re-insert the tray. Make sure you have installed the SIM in the correct orientation. Also, make sure you are inserting the SIM tray in the correct orientation.

Is there any other help you need? If not please rate so I can close this request! Thanks so much!

Technician: Samuel White, Tech Expert replied 3 months ago

Rating me is important because it opens me to help others and also lets the company see that I am working with each customer. Please take just a moment to rate me… it helps greatly!