Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I sent my iPhone 6 in for a battery replacement under repair…

Customer Question
I sent my iPhone...

I sent my iPhone 6 in for a battery replacement under repair I’d #A283069009. I received it back but it wasn’t changed because of unauthorized modification to it. Said I failed to respond so sent it back unprepared. I didn’t receive any message telling me this via email. I admit I did purchase a battery and replaced it myself but it didn’t help. Continued to lose charge. Which is why I sent it to you. What do I have to do now to get it replaced?

Technician's Assistant: How's your internet connection? Are you checking your email from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?

Comcast

Technician's Assistant: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?

I don’t think so but haven’t had this problem before.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Not sure what else I can tell you.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Smartphones
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/22/2018
Technician: Michael T,
 replied 4 months ago
Michael T

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue.

You will need to take the phone to a repair shop that isnt affiliated with apple in this case..

If they wont touch you thats your only option left...

I know some local companies haev advertised this battery replacement service so you should be fine with that

I’ll just replace the phone.
Technician: Michael T,
 replied 4 months ago

Honestly it is probably best.... By the time you actually get done fixing the issue and you still have the possibility that it wont work.. Replacing your phone to a newer model would be best for you monetary wise